Are you interested?
Browse the open positions and apply using the links or form below! We look forward to hearing from you!
Interested in a veterinary career?
Stonewater Veterinary Hospital is a new privately owned small animal hospital in Clayton NC. We like to focus on hospital culture and make this a place where you look forward to coming to work each day! We are a new start-up family-owned hospital that opened in March of 2022 with a big goal to put the experience of our employees at the forefront of how we operate. Of course, we want to practice high-quality medicine and provide first-class care to our clients. We are efficient and incorporate the tools and technology to do so as we can add it to the practice. We have a no-tolerance policy for disrespect from clients.
Our hospital has a fully equipped surgical suite, digital radiology suite, digital dental radiology, and an in-house diagnostic laboratory. We have a cloud-based paperless medical record system which allows texting, phone pay, checking out in the rooms, etc to streamline. We built a walk-up window at reception for ease. We have a spacious employee lounge and patio as you need to decompress on breaks to refresh. We laugh and try to have fun with this job as it can be really tough at times. If you would like to be part of a hospital that is starting from scratch and help define our culture as we grow, be part of a work family, feel heard at work meetings, help celebrate successes and diversity, love making people smile, and want to be empowered as a veterinary technician – then shoot me a message and let’s chat!
Stonewater Veterinary Hospital is seeking Veterinary Technicians/Assistants at our growing privately owned small animal hospital in Clayton, NC. Our hospital increased in size from a 1 doctor practice to a 2 doctor practice in July of 2023 and we are seeking an increase in support staff as we grow.
We want to focus on hospital culture and make this a place where you look forward to coming to work each day. We are a family-owned hospital that opened in March of 2022 with a big goal to put the experience of our employees and clients at the forefront of how we operate. Of course, we want to practice high-quality medicine and provide first-class care to our clients and we expect that you do too. We want to be efficient and incorporate the tools and technology to do so as we can add it to the practice.
Our hospital has a surgical suite, digital radiology, digital dental radiology in our dental suite, and an in-house Idexx diagnostic laboratory. We have a cloud based paperless medical record system, Cornerstone Cloud, which allows checking out in the exam rooms when needed to streamline work flow. We have a spacious employee lounge and patio as you need to decompress on breaks to refresh. We try to have fun with this job as it can be really tough at times. If you would like to be part of a new hospital that is growing and help define our culture as we grow – then shoot us an email and let’s chat!
Job duties: Standard technician and assistant tasks including the highest standard of patient care in a fast-paced environment. Applicants must demonstrate professionalism, respect, dependability, healthy and positive communication skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Assist doctors with appointments, surgery, and client education
- Obtain and prepare laboratory samples
- Restrain animals in a safe and compassionate manner during examinations and procedures
- Monitor recovery of surgery patients and communicate with owners
- Accurately prepare and dispense medications as directed by the doctor
- Know vaccination guidelines and administer vaccinations under the direction of the doctor
- Monitor hospitalized pets and perform treatments as directed by the doctor
- Utilize hospital computer systems to enter charges and update medical records
- Various administration tasks as assigned
- Cross training with reception tasks is an option as well
Responsibilities / Qualifications:
- Certification in Veterinary Technology not required
- Experience as a Veterinary Technician or Assistant required
- Must have computer skills
- Must possess good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Excellent communication skills, a sense of urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is required
- Must be dependable, demonstrate strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn
- Must be respectful to teammates, patients, and clients with a positive attitude
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Paid Time Off for eligible positions
- Paid Holidays Off for eligible positions
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- Monday through Friday work week with a flexible schedule
- Part Time and Full Time Positions
- In house job continuing education
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community and help animals among a great team of people!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Multiple positions
Salary: Hourly Rate Based On Experience
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Apply with the form below, or apply on Indeed.